We all have them. Those things we secretly enjoy. The TV shows we watch and would never tell someone at a dinner party. The things we eat knowing it is oh so bad for us, but oh so good. Most people do a top 10 list of their guilty pleasures. I have lots more than just 10. My guilty pleasures could fill a book!
1. The Real Housewives franchise- It all started with the Orange County women. I was immediately sucked in. Then they brought in more cities, New York, New Jersey and Atlanta. I don't know what is funnier, watching these ladies on TV or reading the stories that show they are nowhere near "rich and fabulous status" In fact almost all of them are BROKE BROKE BROKE!
2. I would much rather read US Weekly than Time or Newsweek. Who needs to learn about the nation when Brad and Angie might be splitting for good?!
3. I like to listen to the Backstreet Boys-Hangs head in total shame- There is no explaining it. None at all!
4. MTV Cribs- Yeah, seeing a 20 year old that has a nicer house, car, clothes, and even dog can send you into a depression bemoaning how at 12 you thought you would be a famous pop star. Regardless I still watch it. They houses are so big they could be considered a small country, they have more cars and shoes than real brains. Ever notice they never show you a library full of books? But the closets are to die for!
5. Glittery Things- Jeff Foxworthy was right, rednecks love shiny things! For some reason things with glitter and/or sequins just attract me. Should I be wearing a shirt with glitter on it? Probably not.
6. Teen Lit- I blame it on Twilight. Twilight is the sole reason I started reading Teen Lit again. I bought the whole series, and then the LJ Smith, her supernatural series from my teen days is awesome!
7. Staying in my PJs all day long. I'm a stay at home mom. Okay, my kids are in school all day. I'm a mom and I stay at home, so nah! Unless I am going somewhere or expecting company. I pretty much stay in pajama pants and a t-shirt all day long. Some days I even switch it up and add a sweat shirt, but I don't like to dress fancy for the dogs and lone cat. It makes them feel under dressed.
8. Dog Clothes- We have a Chihuahua. Well he's a Chihuahua/Pekingese mix, but looks like a full bloodied Chihuahua. I like to buy the dog clothes. "He needs a jacket." I tell my husband. "It's very cold outside."
9. Wife Swap or Trading Spouses- Don't tell me you don't watch it too! It's just a train wreck. From the Balloon boy parents who were on there, to the crazy Louisiana woman. You want to watch it just so you know your family is sane.
10. Going to Sam's Club or Costco and hitting up all the samples- When Sam's Club first started I couldn't believe they would give out food. For FREE! Granted I was about 10 at the time. Even now at 33, I still love seeing the little cart there handing out free samples.
Anyone else feel a bit guilty for trying a sample and then not buying the product? I've bought some things just because of this.
So those are at least 10 of mine. What are your guilty pleasures?